Monday 21 April 2008

English and proud!




Well I'm Scottish by birth but I choose to live in England when I was old enough to do so and have now lived here for longer than I lived back "home" so I happily call myself English (I support the football team so that's all that counts isn't it!)

Anyways 23rd April is St George's Day and what better way to reclaim England's national day than eating a CUPCAKE adorned with the St George's Cross!


The lovely people at Lola's know how to spoil us and are creating scrummy St George's day treats as I type (I imagine!). I checked with the bakery today and they will be selling these patriotic cupcakes in Selfridges tomorrow (Tuesday) and Wednesday (St George's Day) only. They will also be having a taster session from 2pm-4pm on Weds so you can pop along to Selfridges for a free nibble of cupcake. The only thing better than a cupcake is a FREE cupcake surely!!!
The cupcake above is from Cupcake Recipes blog site - doesn't it look great! I'll have a pic of the Lola's ones on Wednesday (I hope!!!)

2 comments:

Cake in a Box Lady said...

Yeh, they should make a Scottish one as well! ;) x

I heart cupcakes said...

I shall have to make some Scottish ones for St Andrews this year - no-one down here does them. Maybe with whiskey in :)