Thursday 7 August 2008

Covent Garden Night Market






As mentioned below we went to Covent Garden Night Market today and ate some rather scrummy cupcakes.


The Market is on every Thursday and Friday in August (Thurs - 4-10 and Fri 12-9) and there are two cupcake sellers there; Violet and Beas of Bloomsbury. The top pic above is of Beas stall! (the others are of the cupcakes we bought from Violet). There is also another bakery called Cinnamon Tree Bakery which had some rather yummy looking giant cookies and some cute owl shaped shortbread which I shall be trying next time!


The Markets also have some celeb chefs and I shall be popping along to see Willie Harcourt Cooze (the modern day Willie Wonka) on the 22nd and on Friday 29th I'm dragging Manny along to see Fergus Henderson of St John fame and see what he's cooking as on one of the press releases about the market they said you could eat squirrel there but thankfully I didn't see that...poor cute squirls!


Apart from cupcakes and famous chefs there's loads of fancy food to try so brave the crowds and pop along!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I love Willie - loved watching the show and have been keeping an eye out for the choc. Me and Dave want to try it so much! I definitely want to go along so maybe meet up with you there?