Sunday 21 September 2008

Desert Wars in Ann Arbour



The Cupcake Station opened last Friday and gave away 500 free cupcakes!


"People like the individuality of a cupcake," said co-owner Kerry Johnson. "They get their own choice of what they want for dessert that day. And it's the perfect size - it's not too much."

The Cupcake Station will sell up to 25 different kinds of cupcakes, including Michigan bumpy cake, red velvet and Snickers - a caramel-filled chocolate cupcake topped with butter cream frosting, peanuts, more caramel and dipped in dark chocolate.


Their cupcakes are making me HUNGRY and I'm too hungover to go out and get a cupcake! I love the look of the Michigan bumpy cake, the snickers, the vanilla filled and oh I just want them all!!!!! And Ann Arbours just too damn far :( I love their idea of build your own cupcake with up to 4 toppings and you can choose a filling too!!!! Their frosting choices, including Oreo butter cream are making my mouth water!


In case you're wondering why I get excited about a cupcake place so far away its because my lovely chum Dennis lives there and I'm forever bombarding him with cupcake news, and he brings me lovely things like Sprinkles baking sets :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take it Ann Arbor will be the next holiday destination - you could see if the Cupcake Truck will drive out there too!!

Unknown said...

This is Kerry, the owner of the Cupcake Station in Ann Arbor (and Birmingham too!). I'm the guy in the picture. Thanks for saying nice things about us on your blog! Tell your friend that he should try to send you our Michigan Bumpy Cake. It seems to hold up well when shipped. Just wrap it in plastic wrap to try to keep in the moisture. We've tested shipping out-of-state but haven't had much luck keeping the cupcakes in one piece. The chocolate coating on the Bumpy Cake seems to be the exception.

I heart cupcakes said...

Hi Kerry! Thanks for the comment - my friend actually flies back to London a lot and has promised to bring me some cupcakes when his stop-overs aren't too bad! I shall get him to come in and eat some cakes soon though!!
The cupcakes look fantastic btw!!