Wednesday 25 February 2009

Hmmmmmmmm cupcakes....drool


Although still showing a release date of March 12th on Amazon, my Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook arrived yesterday and I cannot stop drooling over it - it is GORGEOUS! Seriously it is perhaps the most gorgeous cookbook I've ever seen! Honest!

There are tonnes of cupcake recipes, including their fabulous red velvet and green tea (and the usual suspects, vanilla, chocolate and Manny's fave - black bottom!). But it's not all cupcakes, there are recipes for layer cakes, including Hummingbird and a Brooklyn Blackout cake that I think if Manny spots the pic will have him licking the page! There are muffins, savoury and sweet, cookies and brownies, including their frosted version.

I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to make the vanilla cupcakes as the book is just too gorgeous not to!

Go buy the book now!! Available on Amazon and in Hummingbird Bakeries!

Oh and Gwyneth Paltow endorses the book on the front but please don't let that put you off!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay :) I'm sure looking forward to tasting some home-made goodies!

Kara said...

lol, I love the gwen comment I am not a fan either.
It looks gorgeous, going straight on my wish list for pocket money time x

Anonymous said...

Update on the green tea cupcakes: I made them today and...they're kind of gross. I've never had green tea cupcakes before, the icing just doesn't taste good to me (sort of seaweedy). Have you made the red velvet or vanilla ones yet? I will stick to the regulars next time!

Cake in a Box Lady said...

I Got this for my friends birthday, still haven't sampled any from her! x