Friday 10 July 2009

Not the prettiest cupcakes

but the couple Manny allowed me to try tasted FAB! I love coconut so just had to give the pineapple and coconut cupcakes in my Hummingbird cookbook a try! The cakes were really moist - the pineapple chunks in them made them nice and sweet (Manny also felt it contributed to his five a day...hmm not sure!) and the coconut frosting was yummy. I deviated slightly from the recipe and put some vanilla in the frosting as I tried it with just the coconut milk and it was a little bland - some yummy Nielson-Massey vanilla upped the yum factor though :)

I think they'd have looked better if I'd not used the giant cases from Waitrose - think I'll stick to the slightly smaller ones. Also next time I'd get some of the food colouring that turns your frosting white - I meant to buy it from Jane Asher but just didn't get a chance to pop there. 

1 comment:

Manny said...

They look pretty to me, and more importantly, they were so very tasty. And healthy too, with chunks of pineapple in them - I certainly enjoyed having them for breakfast, lunch and after-dinner pudding :)