Tuesday 9 February 2010

Nothing says lovin' like Funfetti


Ann Arbor Dennis came to visit briefly at the weekend and he was upset he couldn't find me Cupcake Pebbles so he brought me some Funfetti Valentines mix instead :) I'm not really a fan of cake mixes (the Sprinkles ones were such a nightmare - again bought by Dennis who always describes it as "the most expensive flour he's ever bought") but I'm a huge fan of the Pilsbury Dough Boy and I've always thought Funfetti looks fabulously cute so I shall be giving them a try. He didn't bring me the frosting (he was worried if he had it in the house before flying here he'd have scoffed the lot like he used to as a kid) but I can easily make some pink frosting and mix some pink sprinkles through them myself.

While nosing around the Pilsbury website I noticed they even do frosting in a tin!

If you'd like to see the Dough Boy in funfetti action click here.


4 comments:

Manny said...

I can't wait to taste the next batch of Anne's cupcakes :)

Unknown said...

You can buy Betty Crocker vanilla and chocolate frostings in tubs in Sainsburys. Obviously it's not as nice as making your own but it's actually quite good consistency for piping!

I heart cupcakes said...

Thanks Sarah - I bought some cream cheese one a while ago but never used it as made my own. I was hoping to find the funfetti one but the only place I can find it is an American food supplier online which charges a fortune online - the only thing special about the funfetti one is they have sprinkles in the frosting so I can really just do that myself!

Kara said...

I actually love the fun fetti I had a birthday cake of it a few years ago x the funfetti can only be bouht in america or there is an american food shop in London somewhere that does but I can't remember where