Friday 4 June 2010

I got love in my tummy





I mentioned Yummy Boutique last month when their amazing whoopie pie saved the day after a disappointing Crumbs and Doilies cupcake. Since then I've been back. Twice. The first time I got possibly the most gorgeous whoopie pie yet - coconut. It was amazing. You can see a pic here but its rubbish as it was on my mobile and I took it very quickly as a pigeon was dying to peck it - a pigeon with good taste! I also got chatting to the lovely ladies behind Yummy Boutique and I mentioned I was hoping to try their cupcakes after last time, however they told me they're not allowed to sell cupcakes at Partridges which is unfortunate. As I couldn't buy them the ladies gifted me some and I have to say they are a must taste cupcake.

We had four flavours, all with a chocolate base except for the oreo. My favourite was the chocolate coconut - I'm a sucker for anything coconut and the frosting was so tasty - sweet but not too sweet and really flavoursome with a lot of coconut - just perfect. Manny's favourite was the double chocolate with the ferrero rocher on top and this was my second favourite. A moist chocolate cupcake base covered with lashings and I mean LASHINGS of decadent chocolate frosting - it was basically a pure ganache frosting! Third favourite was the Oreo - I could only manage about half as it was quite large, but the frosting was sublime. I've had a few Oreo cupcakes and this one is by far the best. Manny really liked the fourth flavour, which I think had cream cheese frosting on but it was a little sweet for me (But if it was cream cheese frosting I'm not keen on it as I find it too sweet so this explains it for me!)

Yummy Boutique are going to be selling their cupcakes and whoopies at the new Elephant and Castle Sunday food market or you can get their whoopies and cakes at Partridges Market on Saturdays.

Finally thanks to the lovely Yummy Boutique for the gift and I will be back for another whoopie very soon :)

4 comments:

Belle said...

On your recommendation I'm going check this place out today :) I've never been to Partridges before!

I heart cupcakes said...

I hope you enjoy a whoopie pie there! I really like Partridges - if you like curry I recommend the curry stall also!

Linda Vandermeer McCubbin said...

Mmmm those cupcakes look delish and I love whoopie pies too.

Manny said...

All the flavours ruled, if they're going to be selling their cupcakes at Elephant & Castle then we have to go :)