Saturday 23 October 2010

Horrific Cupcakes

I just wanted to remind readers that next weekend sees London's first over 18s cake shop, Eat Your Heart Out and The Pretox Potion, at Maiden on Shoreditch High Street.


I've had a sneak peak at the menu and WOW I'm stunned by how much they are going to have there and believe me when I say there will be oodles of gruesome cupcakes featured. I honestly don't know where to begin as there are so many to choose from but a few that stand out are squirting eyeball cupcakes and squeezable zit cupcakes which sound fabulous and gross at the same time;

Who can resist squeezing a spot? We know it’s gross but it’s also too tempting. These cupcakes will tempt to you the edge with their ooozingly ripe giant zit. Buy one, squeeze it and watch the puss
squirt out.


YUM!

And lets not forget 2 girls 1 cupcake, and what is bound to be Manny's favourite The Re-animator. Oh and vaginas!


I tried to persuade Miss Cakehead that they should play Lividity's Pussy Lover as a tribute to these cakes but I don't think she agreed! (please don't click the link if you're easily offended - the song is a little rude). Mortician would be another great choice for store music! I should be dj'ing but then they mightn't get many visitors if I was!

As well as cupcakes there will be delightfully gruesome cake pops, larger cakes, tarts and Human Centipede cookies.

The store is open from midday on Friday until Sunday (Halloween). Each day they will open until they sell out - selling 666 items of baked goods each day so don't dilly dally (or walk like a zombie) and get your arses down there for some gory baked goods. And you can pick up a blood bath shower curtain from Maiden while you're at it if you want to add some gore to your home (I imagine we'll be getting one).


We're planning to go on Friday so look out for pics and a review on here.

4 comments:

Miss Cakehead said...

Thanks SOOOOO much for this - no to Pussy Lover but we have got The Defiled opening the shop for a touch of \m/ xx

Sarah-Jane - SiliconeMoulds.com said...

I've seen the weblinks for ages and I just KNEW you would be going ! I'm looking forward to the photos and write up :-)

jessie said...

I love the look of these! Cupcakes with a dark sense of humor appeals to me greatly...
I shall have to do some soon!


ps. http://baking-in-brooklyn.blogspot.com/

Manny said...

For a minute I thought it said Thus Defiled opening the shop!! I can't wait to get down there on Friday. We could go on Saturday too after Hawksmoor for a bit of pud :)