Thursday 9 June 2011

Best ever chocolate cupcake


Today is Mr I Heart Cupcakes birthday and as he is a total chocolate addict I decided to make him some double chocolate cupcakes. I originally thought of doing a boozy ganache to stuff them with, making them triple chocolate but thought that might be too much. (I can hear Manny screaming 'nooooooo' as he reads this).



The cakes are based on a recipe from Chocolate by Donna Hay and the frosting is from British Baking by Oliver Peyton.


These are definitely the best chocolate cupcakes I've ever made and went down a treat for Manny's birthday breakfast this morning - they were incredibly moist, very chocolaty and the frosting was amazing!

Happy Birthday Manny!

5 comments:

Kate@whatkatebaked said...

Happy birthday to Manny- these look the perfect chocolatey birthday treat! I too made the fronting from Peyton and Byrnes excellent book the other day-it was a keeper of a recipe!

Manny said...

I have to agree, these were the best chocolate cupcakes I've ever tasted and they helped make my birthday perfect :) Thank you sweetheart xxxx

thanks for the birthday wishes Kate :)

The Caked Crusader said...

Happy birthday Manny...although with a cupcake like that, how could it be anything but?

Choclette said...

Lovely swirly icing - i really must get my head around trying to do this.

Baking Addict said...

Happy Birthday Manny! The cake looks fabulous especially with the sparklers!